Sunday, March 10, 2013

Jayna

2 years ago I experienced one of those moments in life where you are never the same. It was a normal morning, waking up to a new day to find out someone who made a difference in your life would not be doing the same. Jayna Troxel Murray was a friend of mine who was murdered. I had experienced loss in my life but this was the first loss of one of my own peers. I remember being so shaken at the news, I immediately began throwing up. My body was in pure shock and began to grieve the loss of a friend. Jayna was one of those girls who was just too cool for school. Jayna and I met in High School, we became friends and I am not sure even sure who wasn't a friend of Jayna. She had a smile and laugh that could light up a room. Her personality was contagious. I always enjoyed hanging out with her! I remember driving around in her hot red mustang and having a good time. My most favorite memory of Jayna is from our senior trip, we were in Colorado Springs and of course the trip was full of activities. Well on the last evening we were there we had a big dinner. Earlier that day Jayna and I decided to go and hike and just hang out. While other girls were primping and getting ready for their last hurrah to impress the senior boys, Jayna and I were getting stinking and dirty by hiking, enjoying nature and chatting. I remember we came back and sat on a railing looking out at the world and talking about our futures. Never realizing that her would be that much more brief. I CHERISH that memory! We ended up not having any time to get ready and arrived to dinner in dirty clothes, exhausted and still had a good time. My hair looks awful as I look back at those pictures but again, it means nothing to me but rather just mine and Jayna's faces as the memories we made that day. We ended up going off to college and as some friends do with distance we didn't talk quite as much but always kept in touch when we could. One of my favorite pics of Jayna is from the last time we saw each other at a homecoming event. We caught up with each other and laughed as we use too! Words can not express how AMAZING she was, she did so much during her 30 years of life than most people do in their lifetime!

I miss my friend today....it hurts. Grieving is a difficult process, it's never easy but something you must do one step at a time. So many people question how God can let something like this happen and rather I go to God knowing HE is holding my friend and knowing HE will comfort me while I miss my friend.♥

 

No comments: